Saturday, December 28, 2013

Prevent Rebound Weight Gain From Dieting


The last person you want to be is the one who took off 20 lbs and put 30 back on.  Here are some tips and tricks to help prevent that.

1.     Have an exit strategy from the “diet”
Lets say you have a wedding or your 10 year class reunion coming up and you want to look great for it so kicking it up a notch on the diet and workouts is the best way to get that done.  After all that hard work and time you put in. the night you have been waiting for has come and you look great.  But then what after that? So you end up putting back on all the weight plus some.  I personally have been there done that and have the T-shirt (because I had to buy “fat” clothes).  The reason I allowed this rebound happened was that I didn’t go in with an exit plan, all I had was that date in mind then after that no more reason to keep the body I had worked so hard for. 

2.     Focus on habit change
Before I start on this one I am going to qualify by saying that I know that we all just want to have amazing bodies and not have to work really hard at keeping them, however for many of us that is not the case, we have to work hard and pay special attention to our habits.  Take one of your habits at a time and work on changing them and in some time you will have the body you want and the habits to keep it but without the agony of “dieting.”

3.     Don’t to back to the way you were eating
If you want to the perfect body and are willing to go after it I commend you however you can never go back to the way you were eating and skipping workouts.  Trust me when I say it’s a lot easier to keep what you have then to have to work to get it back again.

4.     Have a treat meal each week.
Treat yourself to a treat meal every week.  It will give you something to look forward too and help keep the sanity of the strictness.

5.     Treat your “diet” and weight loss as a lifestyle and not a temporary thing.
Please. Please. Please, change your habits and not just go on a diet.  I would much rather it take you 2 years to lose 20 because you took you made lifestyle changes, instead of taking 3 months to lose 20 then putting 30 back on to take it back off over 4 months  then put 40 back on.  At the end of all that you are 20 lbs heavier then when you started, have had to lose twice as much, and in a much worse off spot health wise.


Please be smart about your “diets” and your weight loss, do it the right way.  If you have any questions, I would love for you to leave a comment or you may feel free to email me directly at fitnesswerqs@gmail.com ttys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment