Friday, December 20, 2013

Drop the Excuses

Drop your excuses

This isn’t the place for sugar coating or empathy when you tell me why you don’t workout and eat right.  Nutrition and exercising is that most important thing you can do for yourself.  Let me put it to you this way, when you’re 50 and have a stroke or a heart attack because you didn’t take care of yourself then you’ll be wishing you had just taken the time now. 

Excuse 1:  I don’t have time.  Really?  So you’re telling me that you don’t have 30 minutes a day to workout?  You can’t wake up 30 minutes earlier? I know a lot of people who have 20 hour days AND still make it to the gym.  Schedule it and stick to it.  For those of you who are parents running your kids all over the place, I am also a firm believer of leading by example.  Whether you are a boss, a parent, or a coach it is your responsibility to set the bar for personal expectations, so heading to the gym and taking care of yourself 100% should be a priority, because that’s where it all starts.  My parents made it a priority for themselves, which taught me to make it a priority for myself, and since I make it a priority I am setting the example for my clients and some day my kids.  I have crazy busy days with long hours but I still make the time to go.  Where there is a will there is a way, so figure out how to make it happen.

Excuse 2: I don’t feel like it.  Then hire a trainer!  I find a lot of people know what they are doing but just can’t make themselves do it, for those of you that have that problem.  I do accountability check-ins (shameless plug) with clients that aren’t in my area or who know what to do and just need the extra push.  I call/text/email them to make sure they are going to the gym and to remind them that I am watching and keeping track of what their commitment.

Excuse 3:  I don’t have the money.  Well, either make more money or cut something out of your budget.  I hear a lot of people tell me they don’t have the money to join the gym or get a trainer and then in the next breath tell me about how much they go out to eat in a week.  I personally have two coaches I work with, one who does all of my workouts and meal plan for me and the other, Harris Kern, who keeps my ass in line and mentors me with business and life.  I have had to cut back on a lot of things to pay for these professionals to help me become as efficient and as successful as I can be at everything I do.

Excuse 4:  I feel like everyone is staring at me at the gym.  I’ll let you in on something, the gym is the most vain place IN THE WORLD right next to all of the celebrity award shows.  The people who are there are to busy checking out themselves to even notice you.  As long as you don’t wear an all spandex outfit or wear a head band and a fanny pack, you’ll blend right into the back ground. 

Excuse 5:  I don’t know how to use the machines. Check your ego at the door for this one, don’t ever be too proud to ask for help, especially when it comes to working out.    Even as a seasoned professional I still ask for other people how to do things, or read about it, or watch YouTube videos if there is a workout I am unfamiliar with or want to incorporate something new into my sessions.  So just ask!

Excuse 6.  I don’t like to eat healthy.  Then learn!!!!  Broccoli won’t kill you, stop being a brat and eat the green stuff!!

Excuse 7: Eating healthy is expensive.  Sad but true, a bag of potato chips is cheaper than a bag of apples, BUT there are program that make it cheaper or but in bulk.  When I buy food I go to Sam’s Club because it is really expensive but buying in bulk like I do I can buy a months worth of wholesome food for $200 easily.

Excuse 8:  I don’t have time to cook healthy.   Cook in bulk for the whole week, then you can take your food with you, save money on eating out, and save time because you’re already prepared so you can go workout!  See how that works?

Whatever other excuse you have isn’t worth the cost of your health.    All of these excuses are just that excuses, it will take time to get around them and learn a new way of living and lifestyle, but it will be totally worth it!!!


I’d love to hear more from you!  Please leave me a comment or shoot me an email fitnesswerqs@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment